Wednesday 11 December 2013

33 Day Challenge: Freestyle

This post has been sitting in Blogger waiting to be written up for a few days but I wasn't that keen on the manicure. I wanted to do something amazing for the last day of the 33 Day Challenge so I brought out the foils and tried to create a skittle. Tried, the final result was very underwhelming even from far away. I present to you  a foiled, studded tape mani. Woot!


I started one coat of Ulta3's Black Satin, let it dry then applied one thin coat of nail foil glue on my ring and taped-up middle fingers. I let that dry and did applied a rainbow foil at random to give it a slight grungy look. I topped this two fingers off with one coat of Picture Polish Revolution and finally applied the studs with a drop of top coat. I topped all my fingers off with one coat of Seche Vite. 


The studs moved around when I was applying the last coat of Seche Vite so I had push them back into position with the brush and they ended up a little crooked. :( I'm not gonna go into too much detailed about the taped middle finger but let's say it took me three attempts to have a passable design. 



As underwhelming as this design was, I am super happy to have participated in this challenge. I have seen some amazing nails art, discovered some new blogs and met some lovely people that are encouraging and just absolutely great. I have also managed to push myself through (most of) a challenge and created designs I wouldn't have otherwise. There's also my new found love for nail art, which I want to be the focus of this blog from now on. 


Anyway, check out the other participants' last mani for the challenge. 



It was a pleasure lacquering with you all!


Till next time, 

Laura

5 comments:

  1. I'm not sure why you are underwhelmed....I like the design...a lot. I think it looks super cool. I like things that aren't the normal every day copy of a copy of a copy...know what I mean? I haven't seen this look before and that in and of itself is a major win. I would love to wear this look. I may try it but then I would be copying your look LOL. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you have very kind words! Link me if you recreate it, I would love to see it!

      Delete
  2. I like this mani, it looks really cool. Sometimes if my tape mani goes a little messy inside the lines, I just grab my striper brush and go over it. By the time you've top coated you'd never know ; ) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll have to keep that in my mind and keep practicing with the striper...

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous, the colours remind me of Easter egg wrappers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to read our blog posts AND to comment! We'll read and try to reply to every comment.

Please no link dropping and spamming, it's just not cool. If you've taken the time to comment on my post, I will check you out through whatever profile you've commented with. Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...