Friday 1 November 2013

33 Day Challenge: A Mani Using Two Patterns

Day 18 for the challenge. A few things pop into my mind when I think about that number:
  1. I didn't know I had enough creativity to get through to this day 
  2. I don't know how I'm gonna come up with my own ideas when the challenge is over
  3. I'm posting this the day it is supposed to go up
  4. My right hand is an awkward poser or it needs to find its own poses

I didn't want to take off my last mani (if you're in a desktop/laptop and have a keyboard, press the right arrow key to get to it and the left one to get back to this one, you know you want to try it...), so I brought out my right hand to play. Yeah, that means I have different designs on each hand. :)


I started with two coats of the super-buttery, non-streaky metallic polish called Crazy Fancy Love by Essence. It's actually a greenish rose gold multichrome but all the stamping doesn't really let its greatness shine through. Once I let this beauty dry, I stamped a what-I-think-may-be reeds pattern from the plate BM-406 with Ulta3's Frog Prince. I didn't know this could stamp as well as it did but I wanted a green and that was the opaquest one I had so I gave it a go. I stamped the roses with Konad Special Red Polish and the plate BM-323. I sealed it all off with a coat of Seche Vite before cleaning up.


I usually clean up before top coating a mani but I figured if my left hand strayed, the brush would remove the topcoat and not the stamping. Looks like that was the case but the cuticle edge was messy. Better than a half stamped hand?


I think the above photo is a right hand pose, if I tried it with my left my fingers would be super crooked.


Check out what the other talented ladies have come up with for this prompt.







Till next time, which I know I will be late for.

Laura

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I would love to do this with a bit more time and patience.

      Delete
  2. absolutely stunning. ty for versatile blogger award . here is my post http://mydailynail-designs.blogspot.com/2013/11/the-versatile-blogger-award-yippie.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for replying! Let's keep sharing the love!!!

      Delete
  3. This looks beautiful! I love the red roses on Crazy Fancy Love :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The combination of colours grew on me and Crazy fancy Love is a really pretty multichrome. Totally didn't do it justice in these photos.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read our blog posts AND to comment! We'll read and try to reply to every comment.

Please no link dropping and spamming, it's just not cool. If you've taken the time to comment on my post, I will check you out through whatever profile you've commented with. Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...