Monday 25 November 2013

33 Day Challenge: Lines

Day 28 of The Crumpet's Challenge called to create a 'lines' mani. A line mani could be anything and seeing some of the manis that have been done with this prompt, I figured it'd be good to get myself inspired. After some (quick) online research, I decided to create a tangent lines mani with some new polishes I got last week. I was almost gonna use a very similar palette to the geometric mani from last week so I figured I better change it to keep things interest in this blog. I'm a bit undecided in the end result, it looks good from afar in real life but the colour scheme doesn't rock my boat that much. Plus there's no oomph element to it... And I just didn't know what to add to it.

So, I started with one coat of Essie's Good as Gold (got it for $12; about six months ago they retailed for $19 in AU) and let it dry completely. I put on a circular sticker on my index finger and used striping tape to create the tangent line. The green polish is Essence's The Green & The Grunge and the coppery one is Mister Rusty by the same brand (paid $1.65/each which is SUPER cheap for polish anywhere, yeah?) and tried to be really quick at taking the sticky bits off my fingers. I continued to repeat the process one finger at the time and topped it all off with one coat of Seche Vite when I was done colouring my digits in.


The index finger turned up pretty crisp on my first go and that's what got me going with the rest. I had to redo my ring finger twice due to ripping the base off with the sticker and a smudge. 


I'm thinking I could have done some stamping on the gold base or used different colours.  I really don't know; I could say I'm a little stumped creatively. :(



I just had a thought of putting tiger/zebra stripes in the circles and did try it but I just made it worse... Not a good nail day for me. Is that worse than a bad hair day? Thought for you. In the meantime, check out the other talented ladies' manis for today.





Till next time, 

Laura 

8 comments:

  1. This manicure looks just amazing,
    you deserve much more followers than you have right now! :)
    I got so much inspiration from your blog :)

    xx julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You are so very kind with your words!

      Delete
  2. I really like these nails! I think the colors all work really well together and the design is really interesting!!! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Choosing the colours last minute may have stopped me from over thinking the colour combination and it worked really well!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! Looking out for new colours has given a new palette and thankfully the polishes complement each other.

      Delete
  4. This turned out so pretty, and I like the slightly different approach to lines here =) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime! I try to think outside the box (not always successfully) and this time it seemed to pay off design-wise.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read our blog posts AND to comment! We'll read and try to reply to every comment.

Please no link dropping and spamming, it's just not cool. If you've taken the time to comment on my post, I will check you out through whatever profile you've commented with. Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...