Saturday 24 August 2013

Topshop Marble Accent

I'd like to think I'm not terrible at marbling so I decided to give it a go today with some Topshops polishes I had yet to publish in this blog. Today was as good as any other time so here we go.

I started with the idea of marbling all my fingers but only the first finger worked. The water and polish weren't cooperating in the following attempts and, as I wanted to keep the mani as no-frills as possible, I decided to only paint my digits with the colours I had used for the marble. On my middle finger and thumb I used Wisdom and Gilted for the index finger and pinky. The pink from the marble is Glitz, which is not quite as glittery as the other two but it still worked with the other two colours. Topped it all off with a coat of Rimmel Pro Matte Finish.

 

I'm having some trouble describing the qualities and composition of these polishes as I have found there aren't a lot of mainstream brands that do this sort of finish. I would describe them as jammed-packed superfine glitters/shimmers suspended in a similar colour base that you can't even see from how dense the glitter is. There at least two colours of glitter in each polish, which gives them a multidimensional colour and the ability to show different colours in different lights. Did I mention they're all almost one-coaters if applied carefully? What about the fact that the formulas are so amazing I didn't do any clean up? No? Like most Topshop polishes, the drying time is longer than average but they are DURABLE. They spread nicely in the water but then again, took a little longer to dry on the surface and I think that's where I failed with the rest of the fingers.


I'm enjoying this thing called photo-spamming, so click on the page break for more photos. 



I managed to bump my middle finger while the polish was still soft but another coat of the same polish and  one of Rimmel Pro Matte Finish top coat smoothed it out enough for it to be almost unnoticeable. 







Don't quote me on this but I think Wisdom matted (middle finger) looks similar to Mink Mitten by Manglaze. The Crumpet has swatches for it here, I'll let you decide whether I'm imaging colour similarities or not. 

I was really happy with how quickly I managed to do this mani as lately, I've had to spend a lot of time on manis and ended up dissatisfied with them. I'm off to a wedding today with this cool mani that doesn't even match the dress. Clashing is still in, yeah?

Have a good weekend. Let's hope it stays sunny...

cute gif, love gif, girl gif, fun gif
Source
Till next time, 

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read our blog posts AND to comment! We'll read and try to reply to every comment.

Please no link dropping and spamming, it's just not cool. If you've taken the time to comment on my post, I will check you out through whatever profile you've commented with. Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...