Thursday 22 August 2013

Neon and Blue: Unintentional 80's

I'm gonna keep it short and sweet today and show you lots of pictures instead. This manicure was loosely inspired by this post from Nailed Obsession. I always had the idea that using the polish-dried-on-a-zip-lock-bag technique was to be used for really complicated or odd designs but Anthea's design changed my mind about it. I'll be forver grateful to her for the idea!!!

Off I went to paint some pink and orange stripes with American Apparel's Neons onto a plastic bag but didn't have a design in my mind when I did it. After many tries and a few polish changes later I came up with this mani. By this point, I had cut up most of the dried polish strips for previous attempts, so I only had enough little triangles for one finger.


I started with two coats of essence in Absolutely blue, a light periwinkle blue with an amazing, quick drying formula and awesome brush. With the bits of polish I had left, I cut up tiny triangles and started overlapping them randomly and gently pressing them against my dry nail and attached the stud to my ring finger with some clear polish. I topped it all the nails with one coat of Seche Vite. 


I wore this mani for a three days and I had minimal tip wear by the time I was itching to change my polish  Essence has come a long way from those 5 ml with terrible formulas (looking at you Toffe To Go...) and I really don't think that's a good thing for someone that has no self-restrain when it comes to cheap nail polish.

I'm about to photo spam you. To see more photos, click on the page break below.












I had an air bubble from dragging the neon triangles with the top coat and minor shrinkage on the cuticle end. It was still wearable but I wasn't really worried, mostly because of this.


For some reason this bottle of Absolutely Blue was discounted. I figured it was a discontinued colour but when I went back to the same Target, I found new stock of the colour for the $2.95 price. I couldn't see anything wrong with the bottle and it was full, so I guess I just got lucky. Woohoo! I also bought in my way to uni because I couldn't bear the thought of bare nails. I may be getting a tad obsessive about not having naked nails. 

That's it from me today. I said I was gonna keep it short. 

Till  next time, 

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read our blog posts AND to comment! We'll read and try to reply to every comment.

Please no link dropping and spamming, it's just not cool. If you've taken the time to comment on my post, I will check you out through whatever profile you've commented with. Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...