Saturday 17 August 2013

1000 Hours Premium Nails Nail Polish Remover

I love nail polish and the whole ritual of sitting down and taking my own sweet time to apply it. It really clears my mind and I see it as nothing but 'me' time. The bit that I don't like is having to remove it with polish remover or acetone. The smell is unpleasant,  there is cotton to deal with that leaves fibers on my nails and, in my case, the possibility of spillage is quite high and we all know how acetone eats through stuff, like my desk. :)

There are other polish removal solutions in the market, like perfumed acetone, gauze instead of cotton, picking polish off your nails and the saviour of all glitter lovers, PVA glue. Sometimes these options can be inaccessible, may take too long, damage your nails or they won't make your mani last as you would like it to. This is where this little tub comes in. 


1000 Hour Premium Nails Nail Polish Remover contains an acetone based polish remover and bristles that surround your finger and gently remove the soaked up polish. The name is a bit of a mouthful but the product is amazing for my impatience and lack of desire to smell acetone. There aren't a lot of claims on the packaging about what it does for natural nails but the instructions prompt you to insert your finger in the tub, wriggle it against the bristles (my words) and when you pull it out, wipe any polish residue with a cotton pad. That's it. Easy enough? Let's test it out.

This is a pic heavy and long post, so click after the below to read more.



This actually wasn't the original packaging but I didn't manage to get a decent photo of it. I'll put a link at the end of the post if you want to see it. Anyway, the tub contains 60 ml of remover and it's smaller than a lot of different branded bristle polish removers, measuring about 5 cm in diameter and about 6 cm in height. 


I tried removing the foil but failed and encountered another layer of packaging. Once I managed to open it, I noticed a quite pleasant fruity smell coming out of the tub, kind of like kid's strawberry bubble gum, you know the smell. 


I mentioned before there are manicures you want to keep for a while so PVA glue as a base is not option. Last time I wanted to keep a mani, I had Chanel in Taboo on and after wearing it for a week, it was time to take it off. Photo below is not what it looked like after a week or the hand I tried the tub with but I wanted to show you, you'll see why further down the post.


I inserted finger by finger into the tub and rubbed them  against the bristles for about 15 seconds each. This is what my nails looked like after use.




Yes, my fingers looked dry after dipping into acetone but I was expecting that. What I wasn't expecting after reading the instructions was how clean my nails came out and they smelt quite nice, like fake strawberry bubble gum but nice either way. There was some polish left on my fingers from polish that got caught in the higher bristles but that was easy enough to remove. I rinsed my hands and applied some hand cream to get rid off the dryness.

Notice how pretty the colour of the remover turned after Taboo. It look like the galaxy in a bottle turned to galaxy in remover. 



I was really happy with the result but wanted to try it with something a little more hard wearing. I tested it with some badly applied Sally Hansen nail wraps, which I would usually take off with the foil method and acetone. This is the before.


This is after about 10 seconds of soaking and about 5 of wriggling my finger. 


A further 5 seconds of wriggling made it all come off. 


I tried it again with my pinky but with about 15 seconds of wriggling and it came out a lot cleaner.


Unfortunately, the remover turned into this milky solution and didn't look as pretty anymore. :(



I have been using this tub for removing all my manis for the last two weeks or so and it still works a treat. It takes me a little under a minute for the removal of thin manis (four or less coats of polish) of both hands. I don't know about you but that's pretty quick and I avoid all those pesky things I mentioned above. There may be some residue left on the cuticles as about half the remover has evaporated/dried on my fingers but it is really easy to remove them as they are already soaked. I haven't tried it with glitter as I don't want to have glitter stuck to my fingers after using this tub. 

I'm in love with this product. I'll keep using it for as long as I can and I will replace it when I can't anymore. I would recommend it highly. You can buy from the 1000 Hour website here (original pack photo in this link), Priceline, Big W, Chemist Warehouse, Woolworths and selected pharmacies for $8.95. It's a bit pricey for 60 ml but I'm pretty sure once I run out, I'll be able to refill it with acetone and may be a little glycerine. If that stops me from buying cotton ball for a while, it's sooo worth it. 

I'll tell you a little story and my main reason for buying it. When I was little, I saw an ad for a very similar product and the image of finger going into a bristled tub stuck with me for 20+ years. It was pink and intriguing and the girl narrating the ad sounded like she was promoting the solution for the end of world hunger. I never really made the connection of what the ad was trying to show until recently and bought it when I saw it at Woolies as it was cheaper than other brands. 

Conclusions of my story:
1. I have fulfilled my long-life dream of owning whatever that girl with the emotive voice was trying to get sell. 
2. If I ever have a child, I'll try hard not to let them watch TV (HAHAHA, aren't I being hopeful?!!!) just in case marketing works extremely well on them and she/he becomes an emotional shopper.

Wow! This has been a massive post so I'll stop. Question, do you have a favourite method of polish removal from the cotton/remover combo?

Hope you guys have a good weekend. 

Till next time, 

Laura



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read our blog posts AND to comment! We'll read and try to reply to every comment.

Please no link dropping and spamming, it's just not cool. If you've taken the time to comment on my post, I will check you out through whatever profile you've commented with. Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...