Friday 12 July 2013

Pastel Dry Marble Skittle

Most of the manis I've done in the last two weeks or so have involved lots and lots of coats of nail polish and Seche Vite. I enjoyed doing them very much but they took a long time to create and the layers started to peel from how thick they were together. I decided to create something a little simpler and quicker for today's manicure. 

What's the best way to create nail art with lots of colour but none of the thickness or the effort? A dry marble skittle manicure! 


Index finger: Two coats of Essie in Penny Talk
Pinky: CoverGirl Outlast in Everbloom 
Middle and ring fingers: The two polishes above and CoverGirl in Mint Mojito on a Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On base. I created the dry marble using this technique. The marble was really shiny without top coat but it was really uneven, so I topped all off with a coat of Seche Vite.


Yeah, I know, my clean up was shocking but the detail of the contrasting green and rose gold looks really good, doesn't it?



I think I met my goal of creating a simple mani even though it wasn't that well executed. I may need to change my clean up brush and be a little more patient when it comes to removing little bits of polish stuck in the cuticles. 



Hey guys! It's...

Source

Have a good one!

Till next time, 

Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read our blog posts AND to comment! We'll read and try to reply to every comment.

Please no link dropping and spamming, it's just not cool. If you've taken the time to comment on my post, I will check you out through whatever profile you've commented with. Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...