Monday 1 July 2013

Couldn't Remember...

Whenever I thought of white polish, these came to mind, which may be some people's cup of tea but not mine, or simply undies for marbles/nail art/non-acrylic french manicures. As I was browsing Pinterest this morning, I came across a beautiful gold glitter, pink AND white mani. There was a lot of white in it and it somehow it looked amazing so I thought may be I could overcome the fear I had of white by recreating it. I really wish I hadn't closed the browser tab two seconds after looking at the pic so I could show you what it looked like and I could have a better guide.

I need to say, the only two similarities of this mani and the one I saw in Pinterest are the colours and the use of tape. The Pinterest mani had beautiful pink and white triangles near the tips where mine just has lines. You could say this is not the greatest (white/pink/gold) mani I've ever seen, this is just a (very toned down) tribute.  *Ba dum tssshhh*



I hope my lame humour hasn't put you off and you look at the rest of the post. :)


I started with three coats of theBalm's You're So Hot and Gold, which I've reviewed here, let it dry, taped each finger with striping tape and carefully applied a coat of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On. I find this white polish can be a one coater if I'm very careful with the application and, together with luck and patience,  I managed to do it this time. I had to apply Seche Vite to make sure the white was completely dry before applying the last colour.


Once dried, I taped up my fingers again with striping tape and painted essence in Raspberry Twist  from the Marble Mania collection. This was a one coater reddy, coral pink that's been sitting on my polish rack without too much use and I knew this could be it's time to shine.


I applied one final coat of Seche Vite to make all the layers even. All up I ended up with seven layers of polish over a PVA base so it's looking thick, it's most noticeable at the tip on the above photo. I wanna see how long it last and hope none of the nails just pops off from all the weight. It's happened before.


Overall, this mani took me a little over two hours to finish mostly from waiting the polish to dry. I am very happy the way they look and in no way they remind me of these. I'd say the effort was worth it and may have even given me the incentive to show white on manis more often.

What's your take on white nails? Yes, partly or just plain no? Is there a colour polish you guys won't wear? 

Till next time, 

Laura


2 comments:

  1. This would be a gorgeous Christmas mani. I love the red polish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You are giving me a lot of new perspectives of the manis I've done. I appreciate it lots!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to read our blog posts AND to comment! We'll read and try to reply to every comment.

Please no link dropping and spamming, it's just not cool. If you've taken the time to comment on my post, I will check you out through whatever profile you've commented with. Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...