Tuesday 14 May 2013

Revlon in Fire Fox

It's been a little bit over a year since I started posting in this blog with Tasha. Going back to uni last semester put the blogging from my part on hold for almost four months but it has now become something that I thoroughly enjoy. It's had the added benefit of breaking my imaginary writing wall that stopped me from putting two sentences together correctly. Maybe I wasn't that bad to begin with, but at least I can write often about something I really like.

In the last year , my collection has grown from 67 bottles, including top coats, to more than 330, not counting base, top coats and other treatments. In the last year, my favourite polish has also changed from time to time. I've loved Bloom in Lisa II, B Collection by Bloom in Dubai, then came various Topshop polishes and finally Penny Talk by Essie. Every colour in my collection has something special and I really love them all but there's always that polish that you keep going back to for a while. Also if you've been reading this blog, you may have noticed I'm a B I G fan of Rimmel Pro Matte Finish Top Coat. I absolutely love that soft, chalky finish of suede in all my polishes.

In the last couple of weeks, my go-to polish has been a beautiful red, suede finish polish by Revlon called Fire Fox. I don't think there could have been a more aptly named polish because this one is one firey, foxy suede polish, I'll explain why I think a little later. 

If applied carefully, a coat would be enough but I went with two for full opacity. No top coat. The formula is slightly thin but the brush offers enough control to have a very smooth application. 





I'm in love with this colour right now. It's been a while since I've had a period of red nails, which about ten years ago was what I wore for 95% of the time. Fire Fox has been in my stash since September, when I picked it up at Cosmetic Fragrance Direct (usually located within DFOs in Australia) for $5 but you could say I've rediscovered it.

I almost, almost prefer this polish in its shiny version. When top coat is applied, this polish transforms into what looks like a bright red jelly with scattered shimmer, which has sooooo much depth. That's why the Fire name fits so well, it lights up from within when a tiny ray of light hits it. Photo below was done with flash as the sun didn't wanna come out play today.


I wish I could have photographed it better but that's the best I can do without sun. :( Either way, shiny or semi-matte, this polish is amazing. I 'd recommend it if you can find it. It's worth every cent.

Do you find you rediscover polishes in your stash? Or do you stick to a favourite? 

Till next time, 

Laura



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read our blog posts AND to comment! We'll read and try to reply to every comment.

Please no link dropping and spamming, it's just not cool. If you've taken the time to comment on my post, I will check you out through whatever profile you've commented with. Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...