Saturday 30 March 2013

Doticure and a New Born Baby

Yesterday was a day of waiting and as we all know, painting one's nail is a very good pastime, especially when you consider drying time. I'm still trying to keep my nail art simple to avoid frustration and, while trying to think what I could paint on my nails, the thought that I hadn't done a dot manicure ever jumped at me.

I started with four coats of Mirenesse's Forever pearl, a pinky nude that has a good formula  but it can be a tad streaky. 


I used a toothpick to apply the dots with China Glaze's Sweet Hook. So far so good, but there wasn't a lot of contrast between the two colours.


Lastly, I added some dots with with American Apparel's Office, trying to fill in the spaces between the purple dots.

So here it is, my first ever doticure.


As soon as I finished putting the last dot on my pinky (see the giant blob of green?), my family got a call from my brother-in-law saying my sister had gone into labour and that they were at the hospital. I didn't really bother to fix my nails and quickly snapped up one picture of the mani, as I would be needing the camera and memory card for new baby photos. 

This is my sister's first born, which in turn makes me a first time aunt. I've never wanted kids and babies made me uncomfortable, but this little one is the most adorable thing in the world. No, I'm not getting clucky. It's just really good to see my sister and her husband have a baby that was very much wanted and, it seems, will be very loved.

Till next time, 

Laura





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read our blog posts AND to comment! We'll read and try to reply to every comment.

Please no link dropping and spamming, it's just not cool. If you've taken the time to comment on my post, I will check you out through whatever profile you've commented with. Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...